There are several factors that people consider when looking for heat pumps. Some of the most important factors to consider include the amount of energy that the heat pumps will utilize and the utility costs of these pumps. The following are 5 of the most efficient heat pumps for 2014. These pumps have high-efficiency levels, lower the cost of energy consumption and are eco-friendly
- Lenox Signature Collection XP25 Heat Pump: its energy efficiency is very high compared to other heat pumps. The pump attains Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER) for air conditioning of up to 23.5 and Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) for heating of up to 10.2. This heat pump is dual fuel meaning that it can be used at the same time a gas furnace is being used; such during very cold climates. In addition, it is eco-friendly and can be combined with Lenox solar units to collect solar energy
- Maytag PSH4BI iQ Drive 22 SEER Heat Pump: it has Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating of 22 for air conditioning and Heating Seasonal Performance Factor of 10 for heating making it suitable for reducing energy costs all seasons of the year. The pump has a sturdy and safe design making it suitable for use at home where children live. Maytag PSH4BI iQ Drive’s body is made of high quality stainless steel material that resists corrosion and other external damages. One unique feature about this heat pump is that it comes with a 12-year warranty which covers all parts and some labour costs incurred during installation.
- Carrier 25VNAO Infinity 20 Heat Pump: it has a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating of 20.5 for cooling and Heating Seasonal Performance Factor of 13 for heating. It is most suitable where more cooling is required. It also has a dual fuel system making it suitable for use in a wide range of temperatures including both in winter and summer seasons. This heat pump comes with 10-year parts warranty.
- Bryant 280A Evolution Extreme Heat Pump: its Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating is 20.5 for air conditioning and Heating Seasonal Performance Factor of 13 for heating. It has a dual fuel system thus it can be used during cold and hot seasons without any problem. Therefore Bryant 280A Evolution Extreme Heat Pump is a suitable choice for those who want to use the heat pump equally throughout the winter and summer seasons.
- Trane XV20i Variable Speed Heat Pump: it has a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating of 19.75 for cooling and Heating Seasonal Performance Factor of 10.0 for heating.
All the above mentioned 5 heat pumps provide variable capacity performance. What this means is that the compressor of these pumps rotate at variable speeds improving the energy efficiency by delivering the exact amount of cooling or heating required. This makes it easier to maintain the most suitable temperatures based on the needs and weather conditions. The compressors of all these heat pumps work at capacity of between 40% and 100% allowing adjustments of 1% in increments or reductions.
Therefore it is important to note that it is not just about the cost of the heat pump that will determine the choice of the pump to purchase. Some heat pumps may be affordable but have very low energy efficiency. It is recommended to look at the long term rather than the short term benefits.
If you are looking for heat pumps that will reduce the overall cost of energy and which are safer for use then these 5 are the most efficient ones for 2014. Their high Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratings for air conditioning and Heating Seasonal Performance Factors for heating make them very efficient. If you have no idea on how to select the most suitable from the 5 options, seek the help of a professional heat pump contractor.